Make A Felt iPad Sleeve In 10 Minutes
Make your own unique iPad sleeve with this simple tutorial! You might even have the materials you’ll need on hand already, which would make this a fabulous zero-dollar, 10-minute DIY craft project. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to protect your favorite gadget.
What You Need
- Felt placemat, about 1/4-inch thick
- Neon silk thread
- Sewing machine
- I’m using a place mat I bought at the local department store. The felt is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Fold the place mat in half.
- Sew the long side (opposite of the fold) and one short side.
- Draw a line on the top side as shown. Draw a straight line on the bottom side. (The sleeve is currently a little bit too long; these lines indicate the dimensions that will make the iPad easy to remove.)
- Cut along the lines.
- Cut out a rectangular piece of felt (you can use the piece you just cut from the length). It should be a little less long than the width of the sleeve.
Use a piece of neon silk thread to sew both ends to the sleeve. This makes a little handle for easy carrying.
That’s all there is to it! Enjoy your new super stylish iPad sleeve 🙂
Meet The Contributor
Sibylle Roessler. Graphic designer/creative blogger/German girl. Creates amazing designs. Writes a cool blog. Puts the funky in your life.